INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Legal Services Facility (LSF) is a basket fund aiming to increase access to justice for all through a legal empowerment approach. Our Basket fund partners are DANIDA and DFID. The LSF channels funding to organizations, which are providing legal education, legal aid and contribute to legal empowerment and which through these services assist individuals to claim their rights and redress grievances. In this endeavor, the LSF works closely with the government at all levels, development partners, organizations involved in the provision of human rights awareness building, legal education and legal aid and other stakeholders.
LSF is soliciting applications from suitable candidate to fill in the Accounting & Finance Intern. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam.
1.0 TITLE: ACCOUNTING & FINANCE INTERN
2.0 JOB PURPOSE:
The Accounting & Finance Intern will directly assist the Finance Team with a wide range of projects related to expense report auditing, account reconciliation, payment processing, and grant accounting.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Finance can play in a non-profit setting, and be better prepared to work in the arena of accounting and finance.
3.0 REPORTING LINES
The Accounting & Finance Intern shall report to Deputy Manager Grants and Finance.
4.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The main roles and responsibilities of the Accounting & Finance intern post will include but not limited to the following: -
- Raise Journal and deposit vouchers on bank debit/credit advices and other transactions
- Prepare all payments, ensure cheques to payees are issued and receipts are received on a timely basis
- Ensure all request of payments or invoices have all required supporting documents before payment processing
- Enter data in the General ledger
- Assist in Checking staffs advances and maintain subsidiary ledgers for staffs’ advances for control purposes and provide the advance status on weekly basis.
- Ensure all retirements are received and recorded in the retirement register book and reviewed timely.
- Study the accounting/finance policies and processes of the organization and abide by them
- Assist in preparation of monthly salaries and statutory payments for support staff
- Ensuring proper documentation and filing of all financial records and all incoming and outgoing documents within finance the department.
- Assist in monthly bank reconciliation preparations
- Prepare deposit vouchers and issue receipts for any cash/ bank receive * repare cash movement and provide the status on weekly basis.
- Ensure that room inventories records are well maintained and updated on quarterly basis
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Assist with general audit preparation
- Assist with any other activities as assigned by supervisor.
- Technical and organizational skills with excellent written and verbal communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as acting autonomously as appropriate
- Fresh graduates of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Information Systems from an accredited college/university
Our internship program offers amongst others, the opportunity to:
- Explore Career Opportunities - by working in the field you have chosen, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Network - meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
- Find Mentors - certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities to which you can aspire
- Real world knowledge of working with clients and managing accounts
The Offer: If your career aspirations matches this exciting opportunity, please demonstrate in not more than one page how you fit the role, with your CV containing an email address, daytime telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees and send through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th September, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.